Thursday, April 12, 2012

4.11.12 - Green Soup

Soup is about the only way I can do vegetables. 
Here is a recipe for one of my favorites!

It looks unappetizing, but it is pretty tasty!


  I have a Blendtec blender. I'm not sure how well this would work in a regular blender.
http://www.blendtec.com/products/total_blender_classic_series_fourside

Green Soup:
1 tsp. Taco seasoning
1 tsp. (heaping) Garlic salt
1/8 tsp. Garlic powder
dash Mrs. Dash Original (I use Garlic & Herb)
Sea salt to taste
one Roma tomato
one handful of baby spinach 
one 2x2" cube of chedar cheese
one medium carrot
1 TBSP Sweet Red Pepper
4 sprigs of fresh cilantro
 Add warm water to the 3 C line
Blend with "Soup" button
If desired: add tortilla chips and pulse

I throw everything in as is and the blender does the chopping. 
It also heats the soup, so there is no need to heat otherwise.
 If using a traditional blender, you may need to modify by chopping the ingredients a bit before blending and then heat on the stove or in the microwave.
I am guessing the amount of water needed is between 1 and 2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment