Sunday, April 22, 2012

4.21.12 - Scare - John's trip to the ER

Our poor sweet baby boy had a severe allergic reaction to peanut butter this afternoon. 
On the drive home from a friend's house, Isabelle said to Daniel 
"Appa, John's face looks funny."
Daniel pulled over to check and saw that John's face and body were swelling up.
He immediately turned around and went straight to the ER.
He called me (I was in a meeting) and I met them at the hospital.
By the time I arrived, John had been given an antihistamine and a steroid shot, and was already improving.
We stayed at the hospital for around 3 hours for observation.
John was sleepy but playful this evening. :)
I am so thankful Isabelle cares so much for her brother and was looking out for him.
I am thankful Daniel stopped the car to check.
I am thankful for the care we received from the nurses and doctor at the hospital.
 I am thankful the Lord took care of my baby boy today!

Swollen eyelids, beet red skin.
Swollen everything.
Improving after medicine.
Fussy 
After the swelling went down, you could see where the individual hives were.
Splint on his arm to keep him from playing with the IV port.
In better spirits.
Getting ready to go home.
Upset after IV port was taken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment